The first Horned Toad Print Exchange lead to the big Desert Triangle Print Carpeta project. It inspired the YayBig Print Exchange from Tucson (organized by Joe Marshall). Then both print exchanges were framed and exhibited together at Chalk the Block 2014 in El Paso.
Answering the momentum from both prints exchanges, the Desert Triangle Print Carpeta was conceived at Chalk the Block, in October 2014.
Every printmaker sent in an edition of ten prints, 8 x 10 inches, to Horned Toad Prints in El Paso. Later they received a package of 8 different prints, from the other printmakers. Participants did not receive all the prints, as 53 printmakers total participated.
6 printmakers from Oaxaca participated
The excitement of receiving one's packet of prints
from the Horned Toad Print Exchange
53 printmakers, from 3 continents, participated:
Printmakers from 5 countries participated
- Oaxaca -- Oaxaca, Espacio Centro -- opening October 27, 2017
- El Paso -- La Galeria de la Mision de Senecu -- March 5 - April 10
- Monterrey, Mexico -- Taller La Catrina -- April 12 opening
- El Paso -- Cafe Tolteca -- April, May
- Yuma, Arizona -- San Luis Learning Center / Arizona Western College -- August - September
- Silver City, New Mexico -- 2018 Southwest Print Fiesta -- October
- El Paso -- Galeria Cinco Puntos -- January
Post a Comment